Friday, September 12, 2008

Artist Statement

The style of elements I used was for the background images, they are all American flags in different by the color if it is light or dark. I made mine different by adding a little bit of fading in my images. For my images, the first one has the American flag background which is faded, with that, there is a huge star which is faded and says "Be a guitar hero, be a martial artist, anything, just vote democratic." The two characters on there was a real guitarist from a band specifically from Slayer and the other was a Mortal Kombat character Sub Zero. I put those in my first slide to make it a bit entertaining. The next slide is a question one with an image of the country Iraq and a dollar sign on it which meant it all the money was going there and there is a Obama president logo on there which is the new one. The last image is "Who's side are you on?" I put the statue of liberty behind Obama since he wants change in the nation and Uncle Sam for McCain since he was a veteran soldier himself.
The tools I used to create my image is keynote and photoshop. I learned how to mask my backgrounds, text, and an image. To mask something on photoshop, first I had to go to "Layers"
and use the paintbrush with a white color for the statue of liberty so that it is faded. For keynote, however I used the shape tool to type in text and added gradience to it by using a gradient scale.
The changes I made was when I changed the subject from a heavy metal guitarist being voted to the actual event of running for president. I had a lot of things in mind, so what I decided was still put a heavy metal guitarist and a Mortal Kombat character to make it look interesting on one slide. For the other slide, I put an Obama logo for president on the side since the copyright on the flag was showing and before that I erased the copyright on the flag and put the logo on the erased copyright and putting a dollar sign on a country since there is a war there and all the money is put there. The last is another question, "Who's side are you on?" means who would you vote for. My final version would be the first slide with Sub Zero and the guitarist, I would add more to it if I changed it. I would try to make a combination of all of them, I just have to have a open mind on what to add, like another band member or another character from a game or tv show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home